Close on the heels of Max Demianyk, four more Adelaide Uni students initiated at the Whites in 2015 have notched up their 50th game. Congrats to B’s stalwart and potty-mouth James Reilly, 2015 JWM winner Damo Holoubek, C’s lovechild Christian Roschi and Bres Academy graduate Dan Antony.
The growing list of recent half-centurions bodes well for the Whites. It’s great to have players sticking with the club and playing with each other season after season.
George Tan‘s mantle as the player to reach 50 matches over the longest period has only lasted a few weeks. He passes it to inaugural E’s player-manager Ryan Harrowfield, who first played for the Whites in 2007.
Ryan last played for the Whites back in 2012, taking a sabbatical to raise four boys. He’s over that now though, and is back in White!
Some long overdue half-centuries were racked up over the past few weeks. Conan Shao finally hit 50 after 5 years at the club. However George Tan surely takes the prize for the longest time to get to 50: his first game with the Whites was back in 2009. George has played in all five Whites sides, and scored the first ever goal for the E’s in their opening match this year.
On the other end of the spectrum Max Demianyk will hit 50 if he plays against Pembroke this week, after joining the club in 2015.
Belated congratulations to Alan Evans, Ollie Smith and John Wilson who all hit their 100th game in the last few weeks. Ollie marked his 100 with his first goal for the A’s in a 5-2 route of Unley. Alan’s was celebrated in the 6-1 derby win over Grads Reds. John’s was unfortunately played against old friends in the south Parklands.
Meanwhile, Ian Hendrie marked his 50th match for the Whites with a hat trick over Unley in round 2.
And in case I forget, the other Ian will get to his 50 this week against Mercedes.
League fixtures for 2017 have been released. The league starts on April 8 and finishes September 2.
If you are planning holidays, please take into account when we are not playing! There are no matches on the weekend of July 22-23. Also, as Div 3 only has 9 teams, the C’s will have two byes. If your team is knocked out of the cup, you may also have another couple of weekends off:
- Cup Rd 1: Sat April 1
- Cup Rd 2: Sat May 13
- C’s Bye: Sat May 20
- Cup Rd 3: Sat June 9/10
- NO MATCHES: July 22/23
- Cup QF: Wed June 28
- C’s Bye: Sat Aug 5
- Cup SF: Wed Aug 9
- Cup GF: Fri Sep 8
Registration and payment are due by March 18!
Once again, all players must register online with both the Adelaide Uni Sports Association (AUSA) and the Football Federation of Australia (FFA). You must pay your fees as part of registering with the AUSA.
For new players, fees will cover club shorts and socks.
- Adelaide University Students: $272
- Other students: $320 ($360 is to be paid up front, and the Whites will reimburse $40).
- Non-students: $360
Follow these steps to register with the AUSA and pay your fees for the season. The “AU Sport Membership” below provides you with insurance, covering any injury. You must pay by March 18.
- Go the AUSA Soccer Page.
- Click on [Join/Renew] at the top of the page.
- If you do not have an account, click on the registration link and create an account. Otherwise, sign in.
- Select group: “2017 amateur men player membership” and click “Click here to continue”
- Click the [Puchase] link to the right of “AU Soccer Club – 2017 amateur men player fees“
- Choose your team as “Uni Whites” and click “Add to Cart”
- If you are an Adelaide University student,
- click the [Purchase] link to the right of “AU Sport Membership – AU students only“
- click the [Purchase] link to the right of “AU Sport Membership – Associate Member“
- Click “Add to Cart”
- Follow the steps through to payment.
- You should receive an email with subject “Payment using AU Sport on line system”. Please forward this to [email protected], including your full name.
Follow these steps to register with the FFSA. You must register by March 18.
Go to the My Football Club Player Registration page.
If you have previously played for the Whites, or any other FFA club (including juniors), you already have an FFA number:
- If you know your FFA number, select the first option.
- Otherwise, select the second option to find it.
- If you cannot find your FFA number or retrieve your password, contact the Whites, or your previous club.
If you have never played for an FFA club, select the third option to create an FFA number.
Please update your contact details including email and emergency contact.
- Club: Adelaide University Soccer Club White (14010)
- Was the player’s last registration to play football in another country? Always answer NO!
- Payment: Manual Payment At Club
- Previous club: if your previous club was in another country, leave this blank.
You do not need to add a photo.
No payments are required online – choose manual payment.
If you need help, follow the Self Registration Guide.
Ignore any invoice you get from the FFSA. We will take care of this.
Congratulations to Adam Pedron for winning the Div 1B Best & Fairest for the third year in a row. It’s a great achievement to win one, but three is just amazing. He either needs to stop being so friendly with the referees, or give the A’s a crack!
|John Whitehouse Medal||Adam Pedron|
|A’s Best & Fairest||Courtney Davis|
|A’s Team Man||Sean Nunan & Ed Mitchell|
|B’s Best & Fairest||Adam Pedron|
|B’s Team Man||Leo Digon|
|C’s Best & Fairest||Nick Shultz|
|C’s Team Man||Joshua Popadinoski|
|D’s Best & Fairest||Sam Burt|
|D’s Team Man||Dan Anthony|
|Drinking XI MVP||TBA|
PLAYERS’ CHOICE AWARDS
|Goal of the Year||John Wilson|
|Save of the Year||Lewis Whittenbury|
|Best Comment||Ollie Smith|
|Best Match Report||Ian Hendrie Jnr|
|Wez Reid Dummy Spit Award||Damo Holoubek|
|Most Obscure Absentee||Ollie, Alex, Crab, Adam & Anthony|
|Best Recruiter||Ed Mitchell|
|Moment of the Year||Ed vs Rob|
|Supporter of the Year||The Ongs|
|Players’ Player of the Year||Courtney Davis & Rob Yeomans|
Props also to Dan Aikin who will notch his 300th match (since 2003) next week . If we could add all of his appearances B.W. (Before Website) he’s probably closer to 400. To go alongside his longevity, Dan has also won a couple of league championships (2000-01), a cup (2012) and the A’s Best Player (2004) . Massive respect Face.