An update from the GM/Chairman
A couple of quick messages for all of you to take in and savour. Listen up!
- Both our A and B team are currently sitting top of the table in Division 1. Great work fella’s and a good reward for everyone who has coached, played or supported over the first 6 rounds. It is evident that our coaches are creating an environment where players are hungry and really wanting to get on the pitch (training or game time) each and every week, while also having a bit of fun at the same time. It’s a great environment to be around. Let’s keep that feeling going and see if we can be in the same position after round 18.
- No training for C’s and D’s this week. We’ll communicate if we can find a pitch for a Thursday night kick around, so stay tuned. As more rain starts to fall, the pitches will become increasingly difficult to use without tearing them up. We’ll look at indoor sessions and try and limit the amount of wear and tear on the pitches. Check the website and Facebook for all of the latest information each week.
- The A team are playing in the Cup on Saturday (7th June). They are only team in action this weekend, so I expect everyone to get down there and support the boys as they make another cup run. The game starts 12.30pm at Park 10, as our South Pitch is being rested at the moment.
- Our annual Quiz night will be held on Sat 19th July.
- This is our major fundraiser for the year and we need everyone at the club to make an effort. Bring your friends and family, it’s a great night out, or a great way to start your night out. Talk to Mel if you can donate prizes; talk to Bobby if you are going to organise a table.
- All are welcome and if you aren’t on a table, come along anyway and we’ll find you one on the night.
If you have any footballing questions, talk to your coach. If you have any club questions, talk to me (or someone from the committee).